Bushwick Open Studios is a self-organized art festival where anyone and everyone in the community is welcome to participate by presenting art work, organizing activities or helping to produce the event. The purpose is to create an open and inclusive event that benefits the entire community through the sharing of artistic projects and the encouragement of community interaction and dialogue.
BOS is an art festival centered around the open studios of local artists. Also included are myriad other platforms for exhibiting and celebrating the creative energy of Bushwick. Anyone in the community is welcome to participate by presenting artwork, organizing activities or helping to produce the event.
Our sponsors are local businesses, our staff are volunteers and we are all about Bushwick!
Here are the Facts about BOS 09:
- B.O.S. ‘09 will be June 5-7th - Kick off event Friday night and open studios Saturday & Sunday.
- May 5th is the registration deadline to be included on the printed materials. Registrations after May 5th will be posted on the website only.
- Registration runs through our website: www.artsinbushwick.org.
- This year the registration fee is $30.
- The fee can be waived in exchanged for 3 hours of volunteering before or during the festival.
- One registration = One listing. Several people in the same place can register together and share one listing between them or each can register and have independent listings.
- One listing = A web listing with description and multiple images that is searchable and editable by the registrant + a number and listing on the print map.
BOS is presented by the all-volunteer organization Arts in Bushwick, and supported local businesses, galleries and organizations. BOS 09 will be the Festival’s 3rd year.
If you have questions about BOS, contact us at email@example.com.