Hey I work in a science library, and I'd be glad to consider helping anybody if you have an obscure technical question or curiosity. I have access to over 40,000 journals from the mid-19th century to present. Everything from the decay of engineering materials over time to Bell laboratories to cellular communication. Inform your artwork. I'd love to start a conversation

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marc, that's a fantastic idea! One of our goals for BAP was to explore the creative synergies between art and science. Sounds like this may be one way to do that. :) Is there a link of some kind we can look at to spark some ideas? Might be great for a community wide project. - Anthony
hello
I'm fascinated by the relation between quantum mechanics and spirituality and the power of the mind, what can you find on this subject. any diagrams or equations might be helpful, I've created a language of symbols i use to express ideas in my work maybe you could help me expand or refine them.
thanks
Fantastic, Marc. Two immediate thoughts came to me. Were the 17th century Japanese royal artists typiclly painting on silk, paper or canvas (other than the incredible functional objects that were painted on)? ( I understand this is before your science library's time range, but thought that I would ask anyway)
#2 The Vedic Square and the shapes created with this system are part of a program that I am creating to teach school children through our non -profit. Other than Harish Johari's book, Numerology, are there any other references to the Vedic square and the shapes' use in art?
ok #3 And what is the approxiamate life of Venetian plaster under encaustic? Are there any chemical considerations? (I am an old biochemist)
Thank you.
Here is a question: It has to do with optics.
Is there any technical answer for the "effect" where in a portrait, when you make eye contact and walk along the painting, the eyes follow you. I hope I put my question right.

Is there any journals in your library on Vedic Mathamatics that were published in early 19'th Century?
Marc, I'd love to see any imagery and or data sets associated with the area of the brain responsible for religious feelings. The intersection between theology and biology intrigues me. yep, I'm a geek.
There are many publications on Vedic mathematics (different than use of the Vedic square/magic square to create shapes in art). http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b_0_5?url=search-alias%3Dstripboo...
This link is a great start. The revival of Vedic Mathematics came in the early 1900's, and currently Kenneth Williams is a math teacher who has absorbed and created great teaching programs and books for Vedic mathematics. He is also connected with the MathMonkey.com centers, now too.
I hope this helps. Kathleen

Joel Suganth said:
Is there any technical answer for the "effect" where in a portrait, when you make eye contact and walk along the painting, the eyes follow you. I hope I put my question right.

Is there any journals in your library on Vedic Mathamatics that were published in early 19'th Century?
Joel Suganth said:

Patriciainsweden said:
Joel Suganth said:

Hey Marc, glad you were willing to take this on. Just curious if your archive and work comes across fringe sciences like phrenology. I've made several pieces based on this concept. I've also made pieces alluding to how early medicine(orthopedics?) was barely different from carpentry and smithing. Think of Steve Martin as the Medieval Barber.
My website has examples if you're interested, http://www.endlesscolumn.com. Thanks again for the interest

RSS

bap-becomeone

Latest Activity

THiNKTaNK posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Ouchi Gallery posted an event
20 hours ago
LEONARDO BASILE posted photos
Wednesday
Brooklyn Art Space posted an event
Thumbnail

Visiting Artist Residency at Trestle Gallery at Trestle Gallery