I was invited to kickstarter,com by someone who was already involved. Right now it is invitation only. I have developed a project to publish a new book of my ink drawings. Here is a link to my project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1636775991/a-book-the-living-li...

This platform is a very interesting concept. You must set your goal amount to be raised and the time limit to raise it. If you do not make your goal when the time expires, then any pledges of support will not be charged and the project is over. On the other hand, if you reach your goal before the time expires, then you can continue to raise money above and beyond your goal. It is worth a look and of course if you like my project please be supportive. There are many projects listed to browse. Thanks fellow artists. I would love to hear your feedback about my project and this particular platform concept. It time that artist get more help to produce the culture that our society says is so important. Unfortunately, the artist are taken for granted and must subsidize this very important aspect of life by themselves. I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks, Richard

Views: 106

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ref='http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1636775991/a-book-the-living-line-a-40-year-odyssey-throu'>
Thanks for sharing this! I My partners and I are in the process of launching a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and producing adventurous projects by society's most vital members - artists, entrepreneurs, and activists. This could be a great tool for our (would-be) online creative community. Do you know how I can get an invitation to create a new project on kickstarter?

I really like your work. My partners own/run a gallery/project space in Westchester. I think your current book project would make a great show for the Lift Trucks Project. Check it out at www.LTProject.com. Some upcoming LTP shows include:
"Santelli & Hammerstein"
"The Brooklyn Underground"
"Blockitecture - the birds and the bees"

-Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy,
Your project sounds good. Do you ever get into NYC or are U here? I would be glad to give you an invitation to kickstarter. Do you have an email address? Phone would be good too. I've got some very interesting ideas I've been developing for a number of years that might fit into your plans.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Richard

Jeremy Weaver said:
Thanks for sharing this! I My partners and I are in the process of launching a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and producing adventurous projects by society's most vital members - artists, entrepreneurs, and activists. This could be a great tool for our (would-be) online creative community. Do you know how I can get an invitation to create a new project on kickstarter?

I really like your work. My partners own/run a gallery/project space in Westchester. I think your current book project would make a great show for the Lift Trucks Project. Check it out at www.LTProject.com. Some upcoming LTP shows include:
"Santelli & Hammerstein"

-Jeremy
Hey I was wondering if you still have an invite and can possibly pass one to me. I am desperately looking for one. I'm a film maker in LA and I need to raise funds for my documentary project. I already have a distributor interested in it but they are not willing to give me funds to finish the project. It's a documentary called "Virginity". It takes a look at social moors and myths and the religious aspects of being a virgin. It's in no way about actual sex, funny enough. I'm interviewing people who are waiting for marriage and religious leaders to see what each religion's take on the subject is, as well as looking at things like The Unicorn Tapestries and myths surrounding the virgin being the only one to capture the unicorn. I'm interviewing biology and genetics professors at UCLA on the biological purpose of the hymen. Fun things like that. It's a really interesting subject matter. I hope you have an invite still or can direct me to someone who does have one, I'd be very grateful.
Hi Vera, sounds like an interesting project. I'll check your page for an email address. Can't remember if they are listed. I cannot post the invite to the blog as anyone could use it first. You had no mention of my project?

Vera VanGuard said:
Hey I was wondering if you still have an invite and can possibly pass one to me. I am desperately looking for one. I'm a film maker in LA and I need to raise funds for my documentary project. I already have a distributor interested in it but they are not willing to give me funds to finish the project. It's a documentary called "Virginity". It takes a look at social moors and myths and the religious aspects of being a virgin. It's in no way about actual sex, funny enough. I'm interviewing people who are waiting for marriage and religious leaders to see what each religion's take on the subject is, as well as looking at things like The Unicorn Tapestries and myths surrounding the virgin being the only one to capture the unicorn. I'm interviewing biology and genetics professors at UCLA on the biological purpose of the hymen. Fun things like that. It's a really interesting subject matter. I hope you have an invite still or can direct me to someone who does have one, I'd be very grateful.
Hello Richard,
When I wrote to you last, I had not yet had the opportunity to view your whole presentation on your proposed book. I just got back from work and I love how touching the video presentation is. I'm from NYC, and I moved to LA 6 years ago to pursue what the rest of the dreamy eyed kids come down for. I think your project is amazing. I love my home town and your drawings capture the bit of life that goes on in subways that only locals really can appreciate. I would very much like to see what your new book will have since you are broadening your range to other reality in the city. Nobody can really get that feeling in NYC than the locals - you know, the feeling you get when you are happy to be alive even if there is a bag lady standing in front of you - the 'ol NY charm. When the trees start to turn colors while you are walking by the river on the upper west side. I think that artists who are capturing this as well as the amazing lifestyle that can only be lived in the City are a treasure. And that's the least of what I can say about your project.
I'm in NYC very frequently, but I'm currently working out of PA and CA for the sake of having enough time to be a full-time director and still fulfill other work obligations. Sorry for not replying sooner. I thought BAP would send me a notification, but I don't recall ever seeing any. It'd be great if you still have a Kickstarter invitation for us. My parters at the Lift Trucks Project love your work. Lets discuss all of this at greater length via phone, email, or in person. I will be back to work in Manhattan for a few days on October 12th, if you'd like to meet up.

Primary/Personal email address is omglab@gmail.com
Work email is info@socialseed.org
Personal Mobile Phone # : 570.809.2642

Richard Gins said:
Thanks Jeremy,
Your project sounds good. Do you ever get into NYC or are U here? I would be glad to give you an invitation to kickstarter. Do you have an email address? Phone would be good too. I've got some very interesting ideas I've been developing for a number of years that might fit into your plans.

Richard

Jeremy Weaver said:

"Santelli & Hammerstein"

-Jeremy
Thanks Vera for your raving review. Maybe you should be my rep? lol. I do appreciate your sensitive comments about my drawings and about the NY experience. I think the book will be beautiful. Are you going to pledge for one hot of the press? I will be glad to send you an invite but I need an email address for you, preferably the one you would use if you decided to launch a project. I need it because I must put your email into a window on kickstarter and then they send you the invite. So send me your email and I'll take care of it. Keep on truck'in

Vera VanGuard said:
Hello Richard,
When I wrote to you last, I had not yet had the opportunity to view your whole presentation on your proposed book. I just got back from work and I love how touching the video presentation is. I'm from NYC, and I moved to LA 6 years ago to pursue what the rest of the dreamy eyed kids come down for. I think your project is amazing. I love my home town and your drawings capture the bit of life that goes on in subways that only locals really can appreciate. I would very much like to see what your new book will have since you are broadening your range to other reality in the city. Nobody can really get that feeling in NYC than the locals - you know, the feeling you get when you are happy to be alive even if there is a bag lady standing in front of you - the 'ol NY charm. When the trees start to turn colors while you are walking by the river on the upper west side. I think that artists who are capturing this as well as the amazing lifestyle that can only be lived in the City are a treasure. And that's the least of what I can say about your project.
Hey Jeremy,
Definitely let's try to connect in Oct. I will send that invite to kickstarter for you. Keep up the good work and look forward to meeting.

Jeremy Weaver said:
I'm in NYC very frequently, but I'm currently working out of PA and CA for the sake of having enough time to be a full-time director and still fulfill other work obligations. Sorry for not replying sooner. I thought BAP would send me a notification, but I don't recall ever seeing any. It'd be great if you still have a Kickstarter invitation for us. My parters at the Lift Trucks Project love your work. Lets discuss all of this at greater length via phone, email, or in person. I will be back to work in Manhattan for a few days on October 12th, if you'd like to meet up.

Primary/Personal email address is omglab@gmail.com
Work email is info@socialseed.org
Personal Mobile Phone # : 570.809.2642

Richard Gins said:
Thanks Jeremy,

Richard

Jeremy Weaver said:

"Santelli & Hammerstein"

-Jeremy
veravanguard@gmail.com is my email addy and thank you so much. Yes I'll pledge to your project. Of course!!!

Richard Gins said:
Thanks Vera for your raving review. Maybe you should be my rep? lol. I do appreciate your sensitive comments about my drawings and about the NY experience. I think the book will be beautiful. Are you going to pledge for one hot of the press? I will be glad to send you an invite but I need an email address for you, preferably the one you would use if you decided to launch a project. I need it because I must put your email into a window on kickstarter and then they send you the invite. So send me your email and I'll take care of it. Keep on truck'in

Vera VanGuard said:
Hello Richard,
RICHARD!!! Thank you so very much for the invite. I have been away from my computer for a few days and just got the email. I can't thank you enough. I must get off again in a few minutes but I will update my project and pledge to yours this weekend. Thank you so very much again. I am extremely grateful.
Your very welcome. I look forward to seeing your program materialize. Check out the blog at kickstarter as there is information about being more successful. Good luck and thanks for your support.

Vera VanGuard said:
RICHARD!!! Thank you so very much for the invite. I have been away from my computer for a few days and just got the email. I can't thank you enough. I must get off again in a few minutes but I will update my project and pledge to yours this weekend. Thank you so very much again. I am extremely grateful.

RSS

bap-becomeone

Latest Activity

soul-xper-mental updated their profile
12 hours ago
Gowanus Swim Society posted an event

Decomposed: Recent Work by K. Haskell at Sweet Lorraine Gallery

February 1, 2020 from 6pm to 9pm
yesterday
LEONARDO BASILE posted a photo
Sunday
THiNKTaNK posted a blog post