CALL FOR ARTISTS: Women, Subjectivity, Embodiment, Migration

Call for women artists working in all media!

We are two NYU graduate students curating a group exhibition that stems from our interest in women artists, and issues such as subjectivity, borders and boundaries, migration, and embodiment. 
We are interested in a creative and collaborative curatorial approach, centering on the exchange of ideas between artists, curators and the public.  Our intention is to create a thought provoking exhibition which challenges modes of reception not only between viewers and works of art in the gallery space, but that invites new dialogues about the ways in which we approach self/other and subject/object relationships.  We're seeking artwork that can challenge our understanding of the world and urge us to rethink art's role within contemporary culture.
Email kimia.r.shahi@gmail.com or reply here on BAP
Please NYC area only.

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kimia -

I am an abstract mixed media artist in Dumbo.

I work with texture and invite people to touch my art - the combination of looking and touching really brings people closer to artwork.

My website is MayaMalioutina.com - let me know if you are interested and if you need further information.

Also - I have an open studio event Dec. 1 from 5-9pm - join me if you can!

Best,

Maya

Hi Kimia,  I am an art professor and artist who uses metaphor to explore the ambiguity of women's lives.  You can see my work on the BAP site and on the Slide Registry of the Drawing Center. If you find the work interesting, I will send you writings on the pieces for you to consider.   There are many women artists who find metaphor a natural way to approach analysis of various issues.  If you are interested, I can suggest other artists for your show.

Contact me through BAP or through email at mfappelbaum18@gmail.com.

Thanks

Margery Freeman Appelbaum

Attachments:

Hello Kimia and Happy New Year,

Your project sounds very interesting. Please consider my two photos: American Girl and Nature Captured. Please reply if you interested in working together.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2019   Created by Brooklyn Art Project.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service