I'm looking for an art and design school in illustration or fine art, does anyone have have something to recommend?

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or somewhere else...?
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
You need not look to far, there are quite a few schools to select from. Here is a list:
Pratt Institute
Parsons School of Design
Visual Arts
Cooper Union
Believe it or not Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
Brooklyn College, Hunter College, and Queens College

I hope these are useful for you to check out
Peace Out
Elvira
Thanks a lot Elvira!

Diana

elvira said:
You need not look to far, there are quite a few schools to select from. Here is a list:
Pratt Institute
Parsons School of Design
Visual Arts
Cooper Union
Believe it or not Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
Brooklyn College, Hunter College, and Queens College

I hope these are useful for you to check out
Peace Out
Elvira
Pratt offers a great two year program at the Manhattan campus.
Hi Diana, I did a little digging and found the folllowing link from Business Week that ranks the top design schools
Hope this helps. :)

Anthony

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/toc/06_41/B40040641dschool.htm

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/di_special/20071005d-schools.htm
Cooper Union.
They have scholarships and financial aid also.
Do you have to get a degree or can you just take courses?
If you want to do part time without degree you can also check out
The Art Student's League of New York on 57th Street
National Academy of Design
Isabel O'Neill of Decorative Arts
92nd Street Y
Educational Alliance
continuing ed at MOMA and Whitney museums for a start and probably others like Brooklyn, Met, etc.
It depends on where you live and how far you want to commute and how much you want to pay but all of these
were good for me after I graduated from Cornell University earlier.
I forgot N.Y.U., The New School and Parsons and of course others already stated
Thank You guys for all the replies! I've checked out all of them. I'm not really sure on which one to choose though. But I was actually looking for a program where I could get a degree from, so I was leaning towards Pratt.
And I was also wondering about how to make a portfolio. I'm so new to the artworld, so I don't even know how to start with my portfolio. are there any rules?
Old post, but I'm just now seeing it. Hopefully you've already found a solution, but in my experience SVA and Parsons are the tops in NYC.. I'm actually applying to Grad Schools now so I'm doing serious investigations as well.
I'm actually looking into getting another degree myself and the usual ones to turn to in NYC are SVA, Pratt, Parson, Art Institute and a few others... (EDIT: I now see that others have already replied with these =D)
I need to expand my portfolio with perspective drawings and have been scouring the internet for classes. I've come across many figure drawing and life drawing classes but I'd really like one that focuses on perspective and room interiors. If anyone knows/teaches/has a friend who teaches, please let me know! Thanks!

Also, any current FIT students? That's looking to be the most feasible for me right now. I'd love to hear about your experiences there =)

RSS

bap-becomeone

Latest Activity

Christopher Stewart posted videos
yesterday
THiNKTaNK posted blog posts
Saturday
Christopher Stewart posted a video

Close To You (Burt Bacharach / The Carpenters) - excerpt - [Fingerstyle Guitar Covers]

part of an arrangement in progress of « Close To You » by Burt Bacharach / The Carpenters. recorded in july 2018. ❤ thank you for your support ! ❤ § you're i...
Friday
THiNKTaNK posted a blog post
Friday

© 2020   Created by Brooklyn Art Project.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service