What kinds of collaborative projects would you like to see here on BAP? Tell us what gets your juices going and we may even feature you as the project leader. Everything from your favorite art school projects to being creative with things like twitter or video collaborations. We'll launch the projects you love most.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

correspondence art

my best work emerges from online correspondence with like minded idiots

find another artist to correspond with online

mix up your instant messages with art and experimental writing

experiment being the operative word

"You are a genius all the time." - Jack Kerouac

write fast, ignore the speed limits

nobody gets hurt on the highway of free speech
Fashion project.Anyone?
what type of fashion project did you have in mind? I make clothes so I'm always interested in linking up with likeminded folks.
Really?That's great. I love working prints on clothing and accessories. What I had in mind now :

1. Anyone who want to participate can produce their artwork which we can turn into prints.
2. Make artwork that we can turn into jewelry pieces as well.
3. Conceptual/theme clothing and accessories.
4. Perhaps we can turn the clothing pieces into installation and exhibit them instead of runways.

Just some random ideas. Your comments and critiques are much needed.
Thanks for responding. Hope everyone who's interested could join in as well and we could make it as a product under BAP Community.
Hi guys, we're working on launching a tee-shirt shop soon with high end organic cotton options, American Apparel, etc. All members will be able to upload their own designs and get a % when they are used. :) LOVE the jewelry idea too. Might be cool to even do something with flat-pack paper toys or designer vinyl/plush toys. I'm traveling over in the Philippines right now actually and part of the reason is to source potential manufacturers in the poor provinces here so that BAP can become a channel to use art to help fight poverty. What do you think?
I agree with you. That'll be great to do something that will benefit others as well. Besides t-shirt, I would like to suggest that we could do fashionable prints on other type of clothing as well (dress/skirts/shirt/hoodies-depends). Not just limited on tees and this could be an ongoing project on BAP. We could have merchandise as well either for home or personal. : )
Something that looks very underdeveloped here is the 'What are you working on now' discussion.

My thought is that rather than treat this as a discussion, create a tab (what a you working on) in which artists submit just an image of their current project - in other words a visual Twitter feed. You can create painting/sculpture/installation and so on categories. offer the ability for individuals to discuss the work back on the discussion boards. I think just that stream of ongoing visual ideas would be a very interesting micro-history of what's going on and it eliminates the featured artists tsunami that everyone gets buried in.

In other words, if you're working on something post it (once) and move on giving the next artist an opportunity in the moment.

Secondly, at times of historical significance, such a feed would create an amazing snapshot of how an event affects the artistic community.
That's a great idea Frank, we'll think about some ways we could make that happen. May also be interesting to create an RSS feed of the work so anyone could subscribe. I'll let you know how things progress if you'd like.

Frank Krasicki said:
Something that looks very underdeveloped here is the 'What are you working on now' discussion.

My thought is that rather than treat this as a discussion, create a tab (what a you working on) in which artists submit just an image of their current project - in other words a visual Twitter feed. You can create painting/sculpture/installation and so on categories. offer the ability for individuals to discuss the work back on the discussion boards. I think just that stream of ongoing visual ideas would be a very interesting micro-history of what's going on and it eliminates the featured artists tsunami that everyone gets buried in.

In other words, if you're working on something post it (once) and move on giving the next artist an opportunity in the moment.

Secondly, at times of historical significance, such a feed would create an amazing snapshot of how an event affects the artistic community.
I am a California Poet looking to collaborate with an artist, do showing/readings in New York and L.A. Interest anyone?

RSS

bap-becomeone

Latest Activity

THiNKTaNK posted a blog post
2 hours ago
yesterday
Aug 10
Agora Gallery posted an event
Thumbnail

The 34th Chelsea International Fine Art Competition Exhibition at Agora Gallery