The 440 Gallery is looking for a few members for September 2009. The gallery was formed in
January of 2005 as an artist-run institution, and we are now looking to add a few new artists.
The fiscal and general responsibilities, along with the privileges of membership are enumerated
below. We are looking for truly talented individuals with a fresh artistic perspective, who are also
team players who work well within a cooperative setting. 440 Gallery is offering you the opportunity
to be part of a dynamic artists’ initiative in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn.
440 Gallery Cooperative Guidelines
• $150 a month to be paid quarterly.
• About 10-15 hours per month of work, including gallery sitting.
• The Co-op gallery will secure liability insurance. Artists must insure their own artwork.
• 20% of all sales will go back into the gallery.
• Artists will share their mailing lists with the cooperative.
• Main gallery space: To have one solo 5-week show every 18 months. (This allows a week
turnover between shows)
• To participate in one or two groups shows a year. These may be open to non-members.
• Member’s back space: A place to hang 1-3 framed pieces permanently.
• A place to have 5-10 matted pieces in a flat file.
• A place to have promotional materials permanently available.
• All Co-op artists will have access to the Gallery mailing list.
Please submit image files of your work, resume, artists statement, or a link to your website to
Deadline for submissions is August 1, 2009.
We will be reviewing work in August 2009.
Shanee Epstein 718.832.4996
Nancy Lunsford 917-957-6356