Time: June 1, 2010 at 6pm to June 30, 2010 at 7pm
Location: ouchi gallery
Street: 170 Tillary Street, Suite 507,
City/Town: Brooklyn, NY11201
Website or Map: http://www.ouchigallery.com/i…
Phone: 347 987 4606
Event Type: open, call
Organized By: Ouchi Gallery
Latest Activity: May 14, 2011
"Ouchi Gallery," an art gallery in NY, is planning a unique group exhibition called “1000 Original Postcard Exhibition” for June 1st - 30th, 2010.
We are currently looking for 1000 original postcard art from artists all over the world.
When do you send a postcard to someone?
A thank you card, seasonal greeting,
a postcard sent from the destination of your trip...
Postcards express some kind of message, no matter what the occasion is.
What's your message?
Exhibit your original post card design as "one-of-a-kind postcard" at
Ouchi Gallery in NY, the city where artists from all over the world gather.
“1000 Original Postcard Exhibition”
Exhibition: June 1st - 30th, 2010
Application Fee: $39 (Payment via Paypal)
*This will go towards design and print fee of exhibition flyers and ads, wine and catered food for the opening reception, etc.
Place: Ouchi Gallery in NY
170 Tillary St. Suite 507, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Website: www.ouchigallery.com / www.zankandmarsllc.com
- Application deadline: When the number of pieces reaches 1000.
- Each artist can submit up to 5 original postcard-sized artwork. (6" x 4" / 15cm x 10cm)
- Based on the judgment of the gallery staff members, the best 12 pieces will be chosen to be printed on the each month of the 2011 "Ouchi Gallery Art Collection" Calender. The 12 artists will receive the calender as a gift.
- Every postcard will be sold for $40. (50% of all sales will be the gallery commission. )
If your pieces are not sold at the exhibition, they are going to be exhibited again in a group show called "Art for Gifts" in December 2010. (The website for "Art for Gifts" is currently under construction. www.art-for-gift.com)
If the pieces still remain unsold, we are planning on donating them to a hospital, school, a nursing home, etc. (Art pieces will NOT be returned to the artist after the "1000 Original Postcard Exhibition.")
- If you would like to apply, please send up to 3 examples of your artwork as well as your artist biography firstname.lastname@example.org. The gallery staff will review your work, and only artists who are accepted can be in the exhibition.