AVALON, CATALINA ISLAND - The 51st annual Catalina Island Festival of Art will be held September 18th, 19th and 20th. The yearly event transforms Avalon into an outdoor art gallery. The event is one of the most prestigious outdoor art shows in California. Join the many artists: young and old, beginner and professional, in celebrating, showing and selling their very best artwork.
2009 Festival of Art Itinerary
Friday, Sept 18th, 2009
• The 51st Annual Catalina Festival of Art: 10am-6pm
• Art festival booths reach from the waterside activities area along Pebbly Beach Road and continues down Crescent Ave, ending at the Step Beach Plaza adjacent to the El Encanto Marketplace.
• Art Festival participants Meet and Greet Party in conjunction with the Annual Rotary Club of Avalon Auction, Descanso Beach Club, 7pm-10pm
Saturday, Sept 19th, 2009
• The 51st Annual Catalina Festival of Art continues: 10am-6pm
• Catalina Island Performing Arts Foundation Music Tent, Wrigley Stage, Noon-4pm. A variety of Musical and Kids performances hosted by CIPAF and KISL Island Radio Kids Award Presentation: Wrigley Stage, 4pm
• Adult Awards Presentation: The Landing Restaurant, El Encanto Marketplace 7pm-9pm The 51st Festival Award show will be an elegant, sit down event at the charming Landing Restaurant.
• The festival judges and CAA Board will be introduced and Awards handed out.